When you finally create your website for your business, it’s important to establish yourself on the internet. You can do this through social media, emails and SEO optimisation. All these ways will direct traffic to your website, help in creating awareness and increasing sales. Listing your website on online directories go a long way in helping improve your presence on the web.
It is not that internet users will conduct searches on these directories (though they may), but it will be counted by search engines. You can boost your SEO rank by improving your presence on the internet. Many search engines consider the presence of your brand name across the web. Think of these directories as getting online citations which help support your website.
In addition, web directories are fantastic places to come across backlinks to help with your link building activities. Registering in such web directories is more of an off-page SEO tactic, but very effective.
News IT giving you a list of some website
Here are 30 online directories you should visit and put up your website.
1. All Free Things (Page Rank 4)
2. Free PR Web Directory (Page Rank 6)
3. Travel Tourism Directory Info (Page Rank 6)
4. So Much (Page Rank 6)
5. High Rank Directory (Page Rank 6)
6. Britain Business Directory (Page Rank 6)
7. Marketing Internet Directory (Page Rank 6)
8. Hot Vs Not (Page Rank 6)
9. Submission Web Directory (Page Rank 6)
10. Diolead (Page Rank 6)
11. Uk Internet Directory (Page Rank 6)
12. Jet Jaws (Page Rank 6)
13. Esjoub (Page Rank 6)
14. Lilink (Page Rank 7)
15. Feed Up Info (Page Rank 8)
16. Finance Buster (Page Rank 6)
17. Synergy-Directory (Page Rank 4)
18. Nexus Directory (Page Rank 4)
19. Directory Fire (Page Rank 4)
20. Master Moz (Page Rank 4)
21. Direct My Link (Page Rank 4)
22. Pro Link Directory (Page Rank 4)
23. Info-Listings (Page Rank 4)
24. Submissions 4U (Page Rank 4)
25. Piseries (Page Rank 4)
26. Gain Web Org (Page Rank 4)
27 Best Free Websites Net (Page Rank 3)
28. PR 3 Plus (Page Rank 3)
29. Web Directory Co (Page Rank 3)
30. 10 Directory (Page Rank 3)
Other than free online directories, you can also opt to pay for putting your up your website on paying online directories. However, though it may seem that you are making a worthwhile spending, in the long run it’s not really worth it. The only advantage of paying for a directory submission is that those online directories may be regarded higher than the free ones by the search engine. But by registering on enough free online directories, you will get the same advantage.
Many of these directories will not get updated right away and some of them may even take as long as 6 months. However, with a bit of patience, you can see the effects.